VOOR JANSSEN PHARMACEUTICA, ONDERDEEL VAN JOHNSON EN JOHNSON CAMPUS BEERSE, ZIJN WIJ OP ZOEK NAAR:
The department In Vivo Sciences within Non-clinical Safety supports or conducts experiments to test the safety and effectiveness of new and existing drugs. To cope with unexpected absence, we are looking for a temporary but experienced biotechnician.
*Experiments in animals are executed conform internal and external guidelines, compliance with guidelines on health & safety, animal ethics, laboratory animal legislation, quality, data integrity, training plans, time registration, standard operating procedures and work instructions are essential.
* Be a role model in the daily care (welfare, health, hygiene) of non-rodents:
- daily monitoring of the health of the animal
- know and apply the correct housing (cage size, cage enrichment) conditions
- daily control of environmental parameters (temperature, relative humidity, light, sound)
- socialization programs for animals
- assess and register pain levels (P-level)
- report and register non-conformities/observations/injured/sick animals to the PI and veterinarian
- provide care and/or mediation as prescribed by the treating veterinarian
- make 3R suggestions: refinement, reduction, replacement of animal models
- (pro)active cooperation in or with members of the Animal Welfare Body
*In life phase of in vivo studies:
- assists in the creation of scientific experiments and development of methodologies
- performs the assigned experiments according protocol
- identification of animals (microchip, tattoo, ear or tail biopsy)
- dosing test substances (subcutaneous, intramuscular, oral, intravenous, intraperitoneal)
- collection of urine and blood samples
- pre- and postoperative care and knowledge of aseptic work instructions
- knowledge and application of specific software m.b.t. capture scientific data
- identifies issues and is actively looking for suitable solutions
- consults colleagues within and beyond the team to address issues or improve methods
*Records and reports
*Contributes to efficient vivarium operations:
- correct use and maintenance of the laboratory equipment and computerized systems
- performs calibrations and quality checks
- order products and equipment through the appropriate processes
- follow-up on technical interventions
* At least a bachelor's degree in animal or biomedical sciences.
* A FELASA B certificate is required.
* Demonstrate relevant experience as biotechnician.
* Able to work independently and in a team.
* Experience with Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
* Reading, speaking and writing skills in Dutch and English.
Wat bieden wij?
Temporary job: 06/01/2020 - 05/04/2020.
email@example.com_1248@randstad.be 014/ 60 71 13
014/ 60 71 13
Organisatie Randstad Medical
Naam Randstad Medical
Adres Access Building, Keizer Karellaan 586, bus 8
Geen vergelijkbare vacatures gevonden.